Mommy Makeover Beverly Hills | Los Angeles | Santa Barbara
Mommy Makeover Overview
As wonderful as pregnancy, childbirth, and childrearing can be there is no doubt the process is hard on your body. When you add in work, sleepless nights, breast feeding, lack of proper nutrition, never ending chores, and frustrations due to poor body image–you have the perfect recipe for post-partum depression. These emotions take away the feelings you are supposed to be experiencing during the happiest time in your life and one of the most significant sacrifices of motherhood is the physical toll pregnancy takes on you. The Mommy Makeover was designed to use a variety of cosmetic procedures to restore your pre-pregnancy shape and even improve upon it.
The best candidates for a Mommy Makeover are:
- Women who are finished having children
- Average weight women who have adopted healthy lifestyle habits
- Patients with specific issues that have not responded favorably to diet and exercise
- For breast procedures, women who are finished breast -feeding
- Women who can take sufficient time off to allow for a full recovery
While some women are anxious to begin the process of a Mommy Makeover shortly after giving birth, others wait until their children are older so they can devote the time necessary for a successful recovery. A Mommy Makeover has helped many moms gain a new lease on life, with more self-esteem and a greater satisfaction with their physical appearances. If you want more information about the Mommy Makeover, contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Moelleken. He will answer any questions or concerns you might have and together you will decide if a Mommy Makeover is right for you. Many of his Mommy Makeover patients report feeling that their overall outlook is renewed after their cosmetic surgery and their only regret is not having their Mommy Makeover sooner. Feeling good about yourself improves your quality of life, as well as those around you, and there is a way through the safe and proven techniques of a Mommy Makeover to regain your self-confidence and look the same or even better than you did before your pregnancy.
Mommy Makeover Facts
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, The Mommy Makeover is the most popular cosmetic surgery today. This is because after delivery, the majority of moms are unsatisfied with their body image. Even if you find the time to diet and exercise, once you lose the weight you gained during pregnancy the loss is not always proportional to the amount of fatty tissue in a given area. That means for some, more weight may be lost from the abdomen and waist than the breasts or buttocks, which can result in a large waist or abdomen and small breasts. Many new moms report that months after their baby is born, they are asked when their baby is due and realizing your body has lost its original shape and definition can be devastating. A mommy makeover will help reverse all of the effects of childbirth along with the feeling of helplessness you feel when you are frustrated about how your body looks.
The term “Mommy Makeover” is coined for any surgery, or collection of surgeries, that is designed to help restore your pre-pregnancy physique.
Some of the most common procedures seen with a Mommy Makeover include:
- Breast Lift or Mastopexy: This procedure will improve the appearance of your sagging breasts as a result of pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Breast Augmentation: This procedure will return your cup size back to pre-pregnancy measurements
- Breast Reduction: This procedure will reduce your enlarged breasts as a result of your pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty: This procedure will revive your stomach muscles and tighten your sagging skin
- Liposuction, Liposculpture, or Lipoplasty: This procedure will remove and eliminate unwanted pockets of fat from your stomach, hips, thighs, legs, arms, and lower back
Mommy makeovers can include any or all of these body-contouring procedures depending on your needs and expectations. These procedures can be performed separately or at the same time and the combination of procedures is performed in a certain order to maximize results and minimize incisions. Many patients prefer a combination of procedures over separate operations but the decision of how many surgeries you need and the best way to complete them will be evaluated during your consultation with Dr. Moelleken.